Tuesday

First Lesson

Finally there is now something to force me to start writing a blog! I had always wanted to start my own blog but never found the motivation to so. The first lecture on PR definitely helped to clear up some misconceptions I had about it. Whenever someone asks me about PR, I would not be able to answer them and would assure them I will have a better idea once I have more insight into the subject.

I found out that being a PR practitioner is not just being the face of the company, and building media relationship is a really important aspect of it. I never knew that so many of our news articles are actually written by PR personnel, and I can only imagine the kind of creativity and effort they must put in in order to for the media release to be accepted and published by the press.

Another aspect of PR is crisis management, as such in the case of products with defects, PR actually holds a very significant role in managing the situation. Whether it be advising the management, sending out press releases, or answering inquiries from the media, PR consultant have to deal with problems from both within and without the company.

From the lessons today, I felt that I have somewhat underestimated the significant duties of a PR practitioner, and I do hope that future lessons will help me to understand PR better.



No comments: