Monday

Strategies to proactively manage activity

Strategy and tactic seem to imply the same meaning to me before I started reading the chapter. After doing so, I realized that strategy is a plan to achieve a specific goal while tactic are used to help us implement the strategy. This chapter dwells on the fine details of planning the strategy and I find the steps suggested to be very useful in helping us to understand it better.

I personally felt that while the chapter on engaging the media gives us a broad perspective on the scope of Public Relations, this chapter actually shows us the intricate details of the planning stage and make me realize how meticulous a PR practitioner must be from the start of the preparation to the final execution of the plan. The minor details along the way are very important in ensuring whether the plan succeeds or not.

No comments: